Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant (LPTA) administers physical therapy treatments to patients under the direction of the Licensed Physical Therapist and as ordered by the physician by performing the following duties.
This role based out of the office but majority of your work is in the field. You will be spending approximately 90% of the time in the field within an assigned coverage area. Candidates must be willing to travel within El Paso, TX area.
- Provides physical therapy to patients as indicated by the Plan of Care and as assigned by the Licensed Physical Therapist according to agency policies
- Instructs, motivates and assists the patient to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulating and daily living activities and in the use of assistive and supportive devices such as mobility aids and prostheses
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction and heat, light, sound, water and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs as ordered
- Fits patients for, adjusts and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers and wheelchairs
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist the Licensed Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations
- Observes patient's during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patient's response to treatments and reports changes in the patient's condition and progress towards goals to the Licensed Physical Therapist, the physician and the Clinical Team Manager (CTM). May receive physician's verbal orders for changes in the Plan of Care
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home. Attends scheduled patient case conferences to promote coordination of care
- Documents patient interventions that reflect delivery of safe and high-quality home health care on a visit note written during the patient encounter. Tums in all documentation within 48 hours of the visit
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy curriculum approved by: The American Physical Therapy Association; The Council on Medical Education and Hospital of the AMA; the Council on Medical Therapy Education of the AMA in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association
- Prior to January 1, 1996: was admitted to membership by the American Physical Therapy Association or was admitted to registration by the American Registry of Physical Therapists, or has graduated from a physical therapy curriculum in a 2 year college or university approved by the State Department of Education
- Currently licensed as a physical therapy assistant by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 350,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: PTA, physical therapist assistant, el paso, tx, home health, bilingual, field pta
Please see job description.