We need key players like you to bring joy to millions of employees!
We're looking for an empathetic Customer Support Specialist who is ready to take the next step in their career. This role will become an expert in the perks and discounts we offer, helping support the employees of our clients to make the most of our program.
At PerkSpot, we work with America's top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie ticket to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we're carrying on the work they started. As we enter our twelfth year, we're proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we're committed to doing more developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for a new full-time Customer Support Specialist. The Customer Support team loves having a good time while helping all of our customers. We are mission focused and results oriented. This position demands versatility, as we are a fast-paced environment. We are searching for an individual who isn't just going to get the job 'done' but also go above and beyond. We take pride in our customer satisfaction and we are looking for someone that is understanding and patient. You'll have the opportunity to help shape a customer service team, contribute to our awesome company culture, and improve the level of service we provide. You'll work various shifts including weekend coverage, all based on business needs.
A successful candidate will have:
* 3+ years experience working in customer facing roles (service, retail, etc)
* Expert knowledge of the customer service journey.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and reading comprehension skills.
* A determined and thorough problem-solver with the ability to understand customers and handle challenging calls with positivity and professionalism.
* Thrive in a fast-moving, constantly changing, startup environment.
* To support customers, a basic understanding of computer and home networking terminology (operating systems, browsers, routers, modems, etc.).
* Knowledge of ZenDesk is a plus.
* Chat experience is a plus.
* Ability to speak and read Spanish required.
Your First Month
* Jump right in! Your first month here at PerkSpot you will be all hands-on deck. We're going to challenge you early on.
* Handle inbound phone calls, emails, and chats from our tens of thousands of customers daily with the support of the rest of the team.
* Empathize and connect with our customers.
* Resolve customer issues while focusing on first contact resolution.
* Be a part of a tight-knit team, working together to provide superior technical support and maintain a positive environment.
* Troubleshoot and submit tech request to our software engineers and be the agent who handles it from bug ticket creation through resolution.
* Champion customer needs internally by providing feedback and escalating cases, ensuring that they receive the attention they deserve
Throughout Your Career Here
You're going to play a key role in shaping every part of our Customer Support team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, helping you grow and pitch ideas on how we can improve our service for users.
You'll partner with all departments to recognize patterns, and opportunities, providing feedback and insight when needed.
40 hours a week
Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Shift may change based on company needs.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We're a big platform, but still a small team. That means we're going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You're going to grow a lot.
We're a team of fifty people working out of our office in Chicago's River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we're pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you'd expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers on Fridays where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don't be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening