Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
- Answer and document approximately 60+ incoming phone calls from customers and providers to identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, out of pocket collection, general inquiry, etc. )
- Spanish Bilingual agents call mix of 80% English 20% Spanish for typical call volume day
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Communicate and collaborate with members and providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: Key Performance Indicators such as Customer Satisfaction, Schedule Adherence, Attendance, Call Metrics and Statistics.
- Ensure that the proper plan benefits are applied to each record by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. insurance plan processing policies and procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates, HIPPA)
- Aptitude for quickly learning and navigating new technology systems and applications
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- An education level of at least a High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ year prior experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Customer service experience
- Previous Healthcare experience
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort / filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation Monday-Friday 6:00am-6:00pm PST including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- Bilingual in English and Spanish -able to read, write, and speak both fluently.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Call Center experience working in a high volume setting
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying annd exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner,consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations.
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities.
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
Preferred Qualifications:Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Customer Service, Pomona, CA, Call centerCareers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Customer Service, Pomona, CA, Call center