Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe our employees are our biggest asset. We need leaders who will provide guidance and education, as well as ensure organizational policies and procedures are understood and followed. As the Personnel Supervisor, you will communicate organizational goals and the appropriate action plans for implementation. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and advice to management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of customers, employees and business unit managers
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations; review and understand recent and changing employment-related laws and guidelines and communicate them to employees
- Communicate, interpret and administer updated HR policies and procedures; ensure fair, equitable and consistent application of all Less-than-Truckload (LTL) policies and procedures
- Communicate benefits information to employees based on company handbook and policies and procedures
- Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Assist with developing and implementing programs regarding HR policies, procedures and information
- Support recruiting team and HR managers by developing requisitions, scheduling interviews, presenting offers, facilitating candidate logistics, scheduling onboarding and administering the training/orientation process
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of HR generalist experience
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles, including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual English/Spanish
It’d be great if you also have:
- Availability to work an occasional weekend and occasionally travel outside the area, including some overnight stays
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Ability to handle sensitive, moderately complex and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication, listening and comprehension skills
- Ability to present and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner
- Outstanding strategic thinking and planning/facilitation ability; flexibility to function in a fast-paced and innovative environment; ability to dive into the details
- Ability to select, train, motivate and lead a team of employees to maintain an efficient, customer service-driven operation
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.