Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join the team at Vidant Beaufort Hospital, located in Washington, NC within the charming waterway community of the Pamlico River. This full-service 75-bed community hospital employs hundreds of dedicated health care pofessionals and represents more than 20 different inpatient and outpatient specialities.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with Licensure in NC
- Provide nutritional care for a variety of inpatient units, including the ICU
- Provide rotating on-call coverage for weekend/holidays
- Perform quality improvement initiatives and be involved in community outreach events
- Be self-driven and motivated with clinical responsibilities
- Work well with physicans, nursing and ancillary staff
- Be willing to travel 1 day/week to outer banks community location for inpatient coverage (mileage reimbursement included)
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..