The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal: to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
With the ever-accelerating technological advances and growing system complexity, NSA needs System Engineers to integrate systems and reduce the cost to operate and maintain systems. We need our System Engineers to provide program oversight and implement Systems Engineering best practices across the organization in the NSA enterprise. The need to maintain our core System Engineers group is vital to provide the technical capabilities necessary to successfully execute NSA's mission. The ever increasing complexity of supporting NSA's mission requires world class System Engineers to solve challenging systems engineering problems to enable NSA to successfully execute its mission.
Description of Position
System Engineers at the NSA
- provide system engineering expertise, guidance and support to the development and implementation of mission capabilities that align with mission driven priorities.
- lead and implement system engineering effort, mentor junior personnel
- capture high-level concepts and translate into engineering documents and other artifacts
- act as advocates for and implement Systems Engineering and Enterprise Architecture best practices and principles.
- craft high-level system design, specify system/component performance and interface requirements and develop installation, integration and acceptance test plans.
The ideal candidate has a desire for continual learning with excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills who is:
- able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- able to communicate effectively both orally and written
- able to work effectively across several different functional areas in a collaborative environment
- able to implement standards
Knowledge, skills, and experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- Systems Engineering principles
- Systems architecture, framework, and standards
- System Engineering Certifications (DoD DAWIA Certification, INCOSE)
- Technology/System Readiness Assessment
- Modeling and Simulation
- Security Design Engineering
- Developmental Test & Evaluation
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
On-the job training, Internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
See job description