As a HealthCare Call Center Associate you will be responsible for: scheduling, rescheduling, canceling patients appointments and pre-registering new patients. Additionally, you will answer patient inquiries, relay pertinent information to the staff/physicians in compliance with the internal booking guidelines and maintain patient confidentiality as per HIPAA guidelines while providing exceptional patient support.
*Training Hours Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm for 5 weeks
* Monthly bonus potential
- Schedules / reschedules / cancels appointments: registers new patients; verifies patient demographics and health insurance while updating patient information in designated databases
- Responds to patient / physician / medical offices general information request and/or inquiries
- Transfer non-applicable calls to appropriate internal departments to ensure patient satisfaction
- Processes online task in an efficient and, timely and accurate manner
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all medical specialties as they relate to the position
- Accurately transmit detailed written communications in a clear and concise manner to site staff and physicians via our medical databases
- Adhering to the current system guidelines, policies and procedures when meeting the needs of any and all calls you encounter throughout the work day
- Fully proficient in the technological areas required to perform daily essential duties
- Able to perform additional general office responsibilities as assigned or required
- Handles inbound contacts appropriately by providing a high quality patient experience
- Communicates effectively and in a professional manner
- Spanish Bilingual Required
- Must have a two (2) year degree or 1 year equivalent contact center or related field required
- High school diploma / GED
- Type 55 wpm
There are several steps in our hiring process - its a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In todays ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, youll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: patient, physician, medical, scheduling, customer services, payments, billing, Charlotte, NC, North Carolina