About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-099
Posting Start Date: 10/2/2019
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: $41.55 per hour
Adjunct Faculty- Spanish
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
- Create and develop assignments, tests, and quizzes that encourage and permit the measurement of assessment in student learning outcomes and objectives
- Facilitate instruction that may encompass different levels of learning and differentiation
- Meet all assigned classes on time and be available for students for support
- Follow procedures regarding the submission of mid-term, final grade and all other registrar deadlines
- Use current technology to enhance the effectiveness of the teaching and learning process
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and exams in a timely manner to inform students on their progress
- Provide a safe environment for students
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session
- Assess and monitor student progress and understanding throughout the course
- Remediate students' lack of prerequisite knowledge
- Offer content help through various means
- Select course materials as they reflect the Master Syllabus
- Place the syllabus, readings, and homework on Canvas
- 2 years of teaching experience in the field of study - Spanish
- Master's Degree in foreign languages, specifically in Spanish
- 4 years of teaching Spanish in higher education (community college teaching experience)
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at (see application details).
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement .