Sodexo has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Commercial Finance Site Controller at PFIZER in Andover, MA.
The role will report to and support the Finance Director of the Account to provide full financial oversight over the site accounting and finance responsibilities supporting a major Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) account.
The account Commercial Controller’s role is to provide commercial oversight over the cost of delivery of services in accordance with the financial terms of the contract. The Controller will have to leverage insight and understanding of Work Order life cycle to manage cost of work orders in alignment with site budgets as services are delivered. Close partnership with operations and developing / implementing a Procure to Pay process will be required. At the same time, understanding the contract and building a relationship with the client to quickly support financial issues (e.g. overdue debt follow-up, change control, etc) will be essential.
The commercial aspects of the contract are challenging with a rigorous savings plan, but with opportunities for significant growth and expansion of service scope (e.g. Projects). The Commercial Controller is specifically responsible for driving cost management and controls in the operational performance of the contract at the various sites alongside the account Finance Director and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish strict cost controls for all spend and ensure alignment with Solution budget:
- Implement Procure to Pay (P2P) system as a management control system and reporting protocols, to ensure cost controls are in place. Ensure every spend is aligned to a Purchase Order;
- To develop and deliver training on new system to ensure all resources understand and comply with the spend process.
- Coordinate with Planners and Schedulers to implement a proactive cost classification process for work orders into Base and Above-Base; and Planned, Corrective and Reactive;
- Regular tracking of unplanned maintenance costs versus Budget and highlight issues and trends to management and client;
- Regular updates tracking of full year forecast costs by workstream versus Budget and work with site teams to drive initiatives and change controls;
- Understand contract requirements, levers and process and when to use them and ensure contract compliance to the financial terms;
- Ensure proper internal governance and Delegation of Authority on all purchasing (material and subcontractor);
- Ensure adequate, automated, documentation and speed of execution of change control process, including client budget review whilst ensuring Sodexo financial returns;
- Understand the account service delivery model in order to implement a consistent and standardized work order cost reporting; and understanding cost drivers and working with Operations to mitigate any risk
- Implementation of innovation (ability to monitor and report) and deploy best practices in cost control; and
- Continually demonstrating to the client, the true value added by Sodexo in supporting their business needs, for example, but not limited to savings.
_Deliver management reporting, in line with Strategic accounts standard practices, with focus on:
- Providing monthly spend reports versus budget to Operational leadership, identifying specific gaps and addressing issues with operations; and providing the forecast on remaining periods
- Tracking improvement and cost reduction initiatives in line with budget commitments;
- Operational performance metrics / KPI’s, early warning issues and corrective action plans;
- Optimizingg revenue and profit opportunities across the account; and
- Working alongside operational colleagues to ensure ownership across the account and supporting functions and improving their business and commercial acumen.
- Support Finance Director on all financial activities on the account with the support of the Corporate Services Finance teams and Regional Transversal teams: internal control, planning, risk management, cash management, etc.
- Support business reviews: monthly site/regional reviews, and ad hoc reviews.
- Completion of ad-hoc Finance-related studies/ missions/ presentations as requested.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Educated to a minimum of bachelors degree in accounting and finance or equivalent standard and relevant accounting qualification
- Significant financial exposure impacting key P&L and Balance sheet lines, the experience to be a business partner to operations - gravitas and experience to challenge, for example Project costing, pricing and accounting
- Relationship builder both internally and externally, with ability to influence and negotiate externally
- Experience in cost accounting in manufacturing or services industry (Experience in construction industry and or project costing will also be considered)
- Standardized process development and implementation experience
- Hands on pro-active approach with an ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work in a collaborative way
- Presentation skills, ability to interact at any level of the organization
- Project Management experience a plus
- Will support site location in Andover, MA.
- IFMM services – include 13 service lines plus additional Project revenues.
- Travel up to 12% will be required within North America, based in MA.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
-Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas