Sodexo Healthcare is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join their team as a Registered Dietitian at Frye Regional Medical Center, a 355 bed acute-care facility located in the greater Charlotte, NC area. Frye Regional Medical center is a cardiovascular center of excellence, and it offers a range of specialized services.
Position will report to Clinical Nutrition Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Working with various patient population and conduct nutrition assessments and provide diet education as needed
- Participating in multidisciplinary meetings, providing recommendations for patient treatment
- Having excellent communication and customer service skills, have a proven track record of proactive interaction with the medical team, be an outstanding team player, and have strong demonstrated leadership skills
- Having the ability to work closely in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Prior experience with electronic charting a plus, facility uses Cerner
- Licensure in the state of North Carolina required
- Assist CNM in special projects as needed
- Works with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to provide medical nutrition therapy for a variety of patients including ICU, Surgical, Nephrology, Neurology, Oncology, Cardiovascular and inpatient rehab
- Work every 3 weekend to assist in Clinical Nutrition patient coverage
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..