Location: 2111-Murreys Disposal
Job TitleSales Representative
Requisition Primary LocationFife, Washington
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individualâs unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be an Outside Sales Representative for Waste Connections in Fife, WA? Do you have integrity and drive? Are you a creative and open-minded problem-solver? Â Are you looking for a workplace that is challenging and professional yet maintains a fun and casual atmosphere? Is the unstructured and fast-paced world of outside sales professional just the ticket for you? If you answered yes to all of these questions, join us at our Portland, OR office as an Outside Sales Representative.
- Selling recycling removal services to businesses in King County and Pierce County.
- Preparing bids, weekly call reports and cold calling new and existing customers.
- Being the main point of contact for a current book of business.
- Interacting with customers, business associations and trade shows.
- Gathering contract expiration dates, documenting existing customer concerns and working with other departments to satisfy customer requests for service
- 50% of your time will be spent prospecting and exploring market opportunities
- 35% of your time will be spent building relationships and resolving challenges with current customers.
- 15% of this position will be spent in the office developing relationships with coworkers, strategic planning, and account management.
- Be self-motivated, competitive, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- 1-2 years outside business-to-business contract sales with a proven track record of success. Show us you are driven.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, computer, and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent time & territory management skills.
- Must periodically be available outside of normal business hours.
The position provides:
- Local territory. No regular overnight travel.
- Comprehensive training.
- Annual Chairmanâs Club recognition for top national performers.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)