Job TitleDispatcher/Ops Specialist
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Waste Connections has an immediate for a Dispatcher/Operations SpecialistÂ to join the team at our site in Miami, FL.In this position you will be taking calls from our customers and dispatching our drivers to the customers.Â This is a very fast paced position that requires strong computer skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
As a member of our world class Dispatch/Operations Team, you will feel like youâre a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry!
Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday working 8-10 hour days.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Analyzing and resolving customer inquiries for missed pick-ups, misplaced containers and property damage.
- Assisting driver(s) when a pick up or delivery is in question before servicing.
- Scheduling and dispatching work to various employees and departments throughout the day.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers daily.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Oversee the Districts Safe Behavior Rewards program, including keeping record of values earned by employees.
- Act as Secretary on the Districtâs Incident Review Board. Attend all IRB meetings and create thorough process for collecting, saving, and reporting incidents that occur within the District.
- Actively monitor the Districtâs I-rate score to ensure it is accurate.Â This includes reviewing Corporate reports of Districtâs reported AL, WC, and GL events, and becoming involved with non-confidential matters pertaining to claims or cases requiring resolution to matters stemming from past incidents.Â
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is a must.
- 2 years of Dispatcher experience in a transportation or logistics atmosphereÂ preferred.
- Strong typing skills
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc.)
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both orally and written.
- Must be flexible and be able to multi task.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)