Sodexo Universities has a fantastic opportunity for a highly passionate, experienced, organized, and disciplined individual with a strong commitment to food operations to join our team at The University of Alabama Birmingham as a Retail Manager 2.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
The University of Alabama Birmingham is a fast growing, nationally recognized Urban University located in the heart of downtown Birmingham. Retail includes 15 locations with a mixture of Sodexo, national and local brands. This Retail Manager 2 will oversee 3 retail venues (WOW Café and 2 Convenience Stores). This position will manage up to 40 employees.
We are looking for candidates who will manage:
- frontline hourly staff
- ordering and inventory
- cash handling process
- customer service
- frontline training programs
- opening and closing the operation
- daily operations standards.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Self-starting attitude
- Strong computer skills
- Successful customer service skills
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly & supervisory food service workers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers.