Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our Auraria Campus Village Apartments team located in Denver, CO. The Auraria Campus is a dynamic academic environment shared by three separate and distinct institutions of higher learning; Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver. Our successful candidate will excel at culinary creativity, student engagement and mentoring fellow employees on the team.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards are met, including recipe compliance and excellent food quality
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (DRIVE) is preferred
- Have high expectations to provide excellent customer service and quality of food
- M_anage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
- Lead financial management to include food cost and labor management
- Ensure food preparation and production meets operational standards
- Implement and coordinate the culinary function
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- Manage food and physical safety programs
- Direct and train cooks and utility workers
- Ensure Customer and Client satisfaction
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Manage catering and retail areas_
The ideal candidate has:
- A strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Ability to engage and train on a daily basis on basic sauces, food prep cuts, specialty dietary needs, gluten free entrees, vegetarian and vegan dishes
- Experience managing daily and weekly inventory, ordering and training safety topics
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with the entire staff
- Previous experience working in a high volume facility
- Experience training college student workforce
- Culinary production and menu design
- Continuous training is a must
- Strong management skills
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health-care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.