Job TitleDiesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationTampa, Florida
Â Waste Connections, Inc. has immediate openings for aÂ high energyÂ Diesel MechanicÂ to join the team at our Hauling location inÂ Tampa FL. In this position you will be performing preventative maintenance, DOT inspections as well as performing repairs on hydraulic and electrical systems on our garbage trucks. Previous waste experience would be a hugeÂ plus!Â
This will be a Monday - Friday position working 3:00 PM â" 3:00 AM and every other Saturday.
Great pay plus we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round work. OT
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individualâs unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why You Need to Join Us!
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it!â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
Do not stop by or call our local office.Â
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.Â
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details)
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsementÂ preferredÂ or the ability to obtain in the future
- Minimum 2 years of Diesel Mechanic experience or 1+ year of exp with Diesel Tech Degree, plus 2yrs of more hydraulic experience a must.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience aÂ huge plus!
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans