MagneMotion develops and manufactures assembly automation, material handling and transportation solutions using electro-magnetic technology, specifically linear synchronous motors (LSM's). Our LSM transport conveyor systems are an intelligent, high performance alternative to the conventional conveyor systems typically used for industrial automation.
Experience the personal challenge of working in a world class organization and leader in the technology industry. The work environment is stimulating, challenging and fun. Work with an award winning team with an impressive track record in a unique environment.
About the Opportunity
The Embedded Firmware Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing, testing and debugging firmware for embedded controllers that are used to control LSM transport systems. The Embedded Firmware Engineer is required to interface with the hardware, software, QA, and customer support groups to ensure the software design and testing meets the
requirements of all stakeholders and to ensure the successful delivery of firmware to end customers. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for becoming familiar with MagneMotion's multi-level control system for LSM transport system.
This person will assume responsibility for multiple firmware projects during the development and testing phases. Specifically the person will:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and maintain embedded firmware written in the 'C' programming language for a multi-level LSM transport control system.
- Ensure adherence to software development process and configuration management systems
- Ensure timely deliverables to project milestones.
- Work with the software group as well as the hardware, SQA, Test Engineering, and customer support groups to ensure delivered software meets all functional requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of standard communication systems functions and capabilities, specifically Ethernet network functionality.
- Communicate effectively to management and to all stakeholder groups.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Architecture and Software
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Devens - Massachusetts
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here - a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).