This position is responsible for supporting the processing all parts orders for field technicians. Processes in-transit requests for available parts in warehouses, or places orders with vendors for non-stocked items. Helps facilitate return authorizations through vendors. Expedites priority shipments and releases Fieldcom parts orders
- Responsible for processing all parts orders.
- Enters, updates and retrieves information from a various computer systems.
- Handles parts inquiries, including questions, concerns, and searches. Processes in-transit requests for available parts in warehouses, or places drop ship orders from vendors for unavailable parts through the system.
- Communicates with both internal and external customers regarding the status of parts orders using the telephone and email.
- Expedites priority part shipments and follows up with supplier to verify delivery.
- Obtain R/A's from vendors to facilitate warranty returns.
- Provides technical support for FieldCom to technicians.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required. Responsible for creating work orders, to schedule and dispatch technicians for equipment installation, service, or emergency repairs for customers.
- Enters, updates and retrieves information from a variety of computer systems.
- Receives requests for information regarding equipment warranties, records and provides pertinent data. Operates a variety of communications equipment, including radios, telephones and computer systems.
- Inputs and retrieves computer data quickly. Processes emergency requests for service.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date files and logs
- Receives and records emergency and routine business calls. Dispatches service technicians, in accordance with prescribed procedures, often requiring immediate independent judgment. T
- Racks daily activities of field personnel (installers and technicians) via telephone and radio. Assigns additional jobs as appropriate to available field personnel. Makes follow-up calls to customers to (re) schedule jobs. Places post-calls (follow-up) to customers to confirm accuracy of installation, and service quality
- Answers general questions from customers about equipment and service. Reroutes calls as necessary to the correct departments, and tracks calls appropriately.
- Schedules service calls with technicians, and maintains frequent communication throughout the day to help plan and organize their time.
- Coordinates installation with equipment coordinators, technicians, and customers.
- Reviews all open work order statuses to ensure the designated technician has received notification of the call.
- Notifies Parts Order Representatives of parts and equipment ready to be received into the system.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Provide accurate information for new account set up and proper follow up.
Apply acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks. Apply acquired knowledge of procedures and external regulations.
Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
Work under minimal supervision and receive little instruction on daily work, receive general instruction on newly introduced assignments.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 1 year of customer service experience, or the equivalent required.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Very good attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to plan and arrange activities
- Very good interpersonal communication skills
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential and highly sensitive information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Establish productive working relationships at multiple levels within the organization
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possess solid research skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below)
Job Field: Equipment Support