Administer reviews and approvals of merchandise orders taken for and delivered in California. Assist and support field service consultants coordinate sales related activities within the merchandise business units. Will be trained and have sufficient knowledge on all merchandise products available within CA.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review, facilitate and approve all merchandise orders taken for and delivered in California.
- Support Field Service Consultants (FSCs) and coordinate sales-related activities within the merchandise business units.
- Assist FSCs with processing sales orders received in the field when they are at customer locations throughout the State. Act as a first point of contact for urgent calls, emails and messages when FSCs are not available.
- Review and verify all California orders taken at out-of-state telesales centers via phone, web and fax before it is processed and ready for distribution.
- Assist with maintaining good customer relationships by acting as an extension of the field sales force. Contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring the accuracy and timely processing of orders.
- Maintain sales records as a basis for reports to upper management and for sales/use tax compliance. Participate in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Prior work experience in an office environment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to multi task, strong attention to detail, and good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships required.
Associates degree or higher preferred.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Field: Sales/Telesales