For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
You will be located in the El Paso Health Plan office and may have some flexibility to occasionally telecommute as you take on some tough challenges.
- Direct the activities of a team of clinicians who are responsible for delivering care management to individuals receiving Medicare or Medicaid services within the El Paso Health service area
- Services include comprehensive assessment, development of individualized services plans, care coordination and planning, and ongoing support and facilitation with other interdisciplinary care team members
- Directly supervise and develop assigned leadership team and maintain accountability for team development and performance
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to successfully identify and hire new employees according to set timeframes in preparation for implementation dates for Medicare and Medicaid services
- Actively participate in the implementation and planning prior to program roll-out to ensure staff readiness and flawless execution
- Monitor program performance and compliance metrics against targets and contractual expectations and make operational adjustments as needed
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to address issues and concerns and to communicate corporate and program updates
- Implement operational initiatives in conjunction with our client partner to meet program and client expectations and ensure contract compliance
- Attend and actively participate in onsite meetings with our client partner developing strong rapport and relationships with day to day contacts
- Oversee the orientation, training, and ongoing education and skill development of the Service Coordination team to ensure operational readiness of all newly hired staff
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations, contract requirements, URAC and NCQA standards, and company policies and procedures
- Collaborate cross-functionally to meet goals and objectives and drive staff efforts in implementing activities to meet business goals and client expectations
- Attend meetings at El Paso Health office and travel to member home visits in El Paso with staff as needed to attend in-person assessments
- Interact with multiple stakeholders internally as well as with client partner and possible state regulators and community-based providers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Active, unrestricted Texas Nursing license
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- 1+ years of experience working directly with Medicare / Medicaid / LTSS in the state of Texas
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role directly leading staff
- Hands-on experience with Service / Care Coordination or Case Management, etc.
- Experience with client-facing interactions
- Adept and comfortable verbally presenting to a variety of audiences, clients, etc.
- 1+ years of demonstrated experience building and grooming trusted business relationships
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders, consumers and state / federal regulators
- Strong operational experience inclusive of managing budgets and comprehensive operational oversight
- Ability to office in El Paso Health Plan location
- Ability to successfully track performance to ensure service level agreements / performance guarantees
- Successful management of metrics, business objectives, and actively addressing risks related to performance metrics
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Site Director, Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare, Health Care, RN, Nurse, Care Coordination, Case Management, Telecommute, Remote, El Paso, TX, Texas