NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn .
The Social Worker provides direct clinical and supportive social work services in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and requirements of regulatory agencies. Services can include, but not be limited to, screening, patient identification, patient assessment, transitional and discharge planning for post-acute needs for the designated population (Behavioral Health). Assists the interdisciplinary team in providing services that will address the clinical condition and move the patient towards the next level of care.
- Assists the psychiatrist and the clinical team in assessing patients, developing a treatment plan, identifying post-acute needs, and formulating and implementing an individualized discharge plan. Updates discharge plan as necessary.
- Collaborates with team as patient moves through continuum. Takes responsibility for assigned inpatient caseload.
- Completes screening and/or assessment in prescribed timeframe.
- Performs appropriate assessment, treatment, and crisis intervention.
- Completes appropriate age specific psychosocial history.
- Involves family and/or significant others collaterally in treatment, with supervision. Provides counseling/therapy with individuals and families. Allows for ventilation of feelings and concerns of patient/family.
- Makes appropriate assessments, referrals and requests for consultation, when necessary.
- Understands importance of SW/patient relationship. Engages patient to develop an appropriate treatment plan.
- Mediates and negotiates for problem resolution. Involves patient, family/significant other in formulating and executing agreed upon discharge plan.
- Utilizes knowledge of community resources to refer patients to appropriate services to ensure continuity and quality of care.
- Provides limited services of counseling, crisis intervention, transition planning, protective services, advocacy, information and referral.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assess and plan for appropriate care and services across the continuum. Coordinates the discharge plan, and makes appropriate and timely referrals as part of the plan.
- Maintains professional documentation as defined by organizational policy and procedure.
- Documentation is concise, well organized, and timely.
- Assists in the collection and reporting of timely, accurate statistical data.
- Establishes and maintains close professional relationships with civic and social organizations within the target area.
- Provides information relative to services, specific programs, and treatment options offered by LMC.
- Assists in completion of eligibility documents, assessment forms, etc, as necessary and appropriate.
- Utilizes supervision to accept or seek consultation to improve skills, examine own reactions and develop self-awareness.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or volunteered in alignment with LMC mission, goals and values.
To qualify you must have a Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW), and current NYS Social Work License and Registration (LMSW or LCSW). Bilingual Spanish Speaking Required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn
Company Location Description
Mental Hlth Admin- FHC (L563212)