NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health , the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu , and interact with us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Project Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for providing project/program support and a variety of moderately complex clerical functions (gathers, receives, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data, moderate data analysis, coordinates efforts (e.g., scheduling appointments, tracking, supervising surveys, preparing presentations, etc.) with assigned staff, compiles information and prepares reports, summarizes documents, responds to routine and non-routine inquires and complains, greets and directs visitors, etc.) and other related duties for a supervisor or department.
- Project Support Provides project/program support to a supervisor, department, or organizational unit in the preparation of project relevant materials that includes but is not limited to: assisting with project and event planning and implementation; managing the logistics of and coordinating content development for meetings, conferences, and other project-related events; assisting with the design, development and dissemination of project products and reports; coordinating and monitoring project budgets; coordinating proposal development and managing the proposal process; assisting with project data collection activities to maintain and improve the effectiveness of the workflow and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reports - Receives, classifies, reconciles and consolidates data. Compiles and prepares routine factual forms and reports based on information readily available, verify information, determines report format, identifies discrepancies and make corrections. Research problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information and summarizes data based on information compiled from various sources.
- Moderate Clerical Functions Completes petty cash vouchers and obtain necessary signatures, obtain petty cash, prepares payments and check requests for payments to vendors as needed. May provide messenger services for the Department.
- Word Processing/Typing Prepares and proofreads memos, reports and applications. Independently prepares responses to routine correspondence. Develops documents for presentation or meeting.
- Scheduling and Coordinating Maintains routine calendar, schedules appointments, assist in preparing for conferences (checking the logistics and technical support, ordering and setting up food, etc.) and other related duties. May assists with special events planning.
- Filing and Mail Distribution - Maintains office filing and storage systems by sorting, recording and filing written material in alphabetical, numerical, or subject order as needed. Retrieves material from files upon request and keeps records of the movement of file materials. Opens, sorts, routes and distributes mail to the appropriate party. Screen mail to determine which letters can be answered independtly.
- Clerical Support - Makes and provides clerical support to the department/unit (photocopy, fax, mails, and files, data entry, sorts and distributes mail, ect.) and other related duties as needed. May order office supplies. Meets and greets clients; Resolves non-routine situations based on established policies and procedures and refers non solved issues and questions to the appropriate party.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent is required. Minimum of 1 year related experience in an office setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Effective Oral, written communication and interpersonal skills. Computer Skills-Working knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power point and Access. Ability to develop basic formulae for spreadsheets; set up routine computer procedures; Ability to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Ability to proofread documents and write clear, concise 1st draft. Ability to type at a speed of at least 45 net words per minutes.
Knowledge of standard office practices. Ability to multi-task while paying attention to details. Ability to use standard office equipment such as copy machines, multi-line telephones, fax machines.
Associate's Degree in a related field with 2 Years of related experience in an office setting is preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
NYU School of Medicine