Sodexo is seeking an Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic clinical team at PIH Health Hospital Whittier, a 475-bed facility located in Whittier, CA. This position scheduled full time
and located only 12 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, the ideal candidate will:
- Be a registered Dietitian with 1 or more years’ experience in an acute care setting and will provide nutrition support and critical care and have prior experience with this population inpatient and outpatient
- Have Responsibility for inpatient nutrition support care plans, orders and engagement with nutrition support interdisciplinary team
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Have Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups
- bilingual language skills to converse in Spanish would be helpful
- Strong time management and organizational skills are needed to be successful in this position
As an Integrated Delivery System (IDS), PIH Health provides a range of healthcare services to better serve its community. The IDS offers quality healthcare across multiple service lines, including utilization of primary care teams to provide general medicine and preventative care; access to emergency and urgent care, home health services and hospice. PIH Health is a nonprofit hospital that was founded in 1959 and today serves nearly 1.5 million residents in Whittier CA and the surrounding area.
Click here to learn more: http://pih.net/
Come grow your career with the largest private employer of dietitians! Sodexo!!
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..