Sodexo School Food Services has an opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to support a large K-12 School district 5,000 enrolled students located in the Holyoke, MA with 80 Union district staff. This account is innovative, progressive with strong Student Well Being initiatives.
The Food Production Manager will assist with managing district /union front-line staff of 80+. Serve as the Safety Coordinator, handle payroll, partner with the district HR on employee relations.
This position will cook everyday and oversee catering from start to finish to include cooking. The best qualified candidate will have strong communication skills, be highly organized; detail oriented and have the ability to delegate effectively.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing in a union environment, has excellent communication skills, high energy, some culinary experience with HACCP. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Seeking candidates with strong technology background and previous experience with National School Lunch/Breakfast programs, along with knowledge of current USDA regulations. Catering services and executing events from start to finish will be required. Strong Culinary skills is a must. If you have strong quality food operational skills, and proven interpersonal skills, this may be the opportunity for you.
A Chef test may be required for this position.
Connect with this recruiter on LinkedIn or Twitter . Please visit our Network with Us page and consider signing up for our Career Connections eNewsletter.
Check our Sodexo Culinary Website http://inmykitchen.sodexo.com/index.html and www.SodexoChefJobs.com microsite.
Become a member of Sodexo Careers LinkedIn group at linkd.in/Ut7ULI and join our Sodexo LinkedIn Culinary group.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards