Are you a Catering Chef tired of working late evenings and weekends, well look no further, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a two Executive Chefs to join our team at MIT Lincoln Labs located in Lexington, MA! We are looking for a chef for catering and cafe operations. The total food operations consist of 3 cafes, coffee shop, catering and vending with a total MV of 4 million. This location has just completed a newly renovated main cafe with state of the art space and equipment that will enable us to deliver an outstanding guest experience.
The Executive Chef 2 will be responsible for but not limited to:
- overseeing food production (cafe and catering)
- high volume catering - continental breakfasts, lunches, and some dinners and receptions.
- menu planning
- hands on role will be in the kitchen about 85% of the time
- managed a team of 4 to 10 hourly employees
- catering menus
- work with the Sr. Executive Chef with food and labor cost
This position offers a traditional Business and Industry, predominantly Monday through Friday, schedule, no weekends or holiday but must be available for some early evenings for catering.
Accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (first year pro-rated based on date of hire). Medical Benefits beginning date of hire, and 401K with company match eligible. Sound like the opportunity you've been searching for? Apply today to grow with Sodexo, Sodexo leader in Quality of Life Services
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.