Sodexo’s Health Care Division is seeking an Environmental / Custodial Services Health-Care General Manager 4 at St Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles to oversee Environmental / Custodial Services day-to-day operations in the Los Angeles area. The facilities operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week with an hourly workforce speaking predominately Spanish. Relocation is not offered at this time.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of Sodexo's Environmental Services, and SRC operations in the Health-care / Hospital industry, Sodexo programs and systems (TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Checks, etc) as well as customer and employee relationship skills. Strong project management, analytical, communications and computer (Excel, Word and Power-Point) skills are needed for this role in conjunction with a comprehensive understanding of Sodexo’s corporate and CARES cultures.
The candidate must be/have:
- Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused to enhance or improve the experience of the staff and patients.
- Actively involved in Diversity Awareness.
- Able to lead and strong communication skills.
- Results and safety driven.
- Strong financial acumen (budget process)
- Experience in overseeing multiple locations
- Prior high level ES GM required
- Ability to succesfully drive HCAHPS scores and patient satisfaction to meet or exceed set target.
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
The “Hands-On” Manager (willing and able to work side by side w/ front line when needed) manager ensures consistency in day to day operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel (able to create and work w/ formulas), and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented; well organized; and strong operational & financial Acumen.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance