We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Tier 3 Computer Support Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director of Information Technology and is responsible for providing second and third tier support to HRC's end users. This position is required to travel up to seven weekends per year to manage organizational events.
- Provides Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to staff.
- Assists in training other IT staff.
- Supports Google Suite and other cloud-based productivity suites.
- Installs and manages CheckPoint Encryption to laptops.
- Supports new hire onboarding and staff separations.
- Provides support for MAC OS and its products.
- Provides SSO management, and dual factor authentication training and management.
- Ability to join Apple iOS and manage these products in a Windows domain. JAMF Experience and Management preferred.
- Travels to and provides support for registration/checkout for gala events dinners.
- Stays abreast of changes in technological needs for gala events dinners and keeps IT staff up-to-date.
- Manages help desk requests.
- Provides support for hardware, peripherals, and network access, office productivity applications such as Microsoft Windows, Office, G Suite, and other software as assigned.
- Provides support for smartphone users, such as Android and Apple iPhone, to include initial setup of devices for new/existing users.
- Monitors voice mail, e-mail, messages, and related information for support inquiries.
- Assists end-users with video conferencing needs or training.
- Administers computer accounts and passwords in Active Directory, G Suite, OneLogin, and Better Cloud
- Manages hardware inventory and deployment of end user hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred.
- Five or more years of experience supporting a help desk and inventory management for medium to large size organization (150-250 employees).
- Capable of lifting and carrying 50 lbs. for computer deployment and installation.
- Capable of crawling under desks and climbing up ladders
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 7 weekends a year. Events are primarily on Saturdays for 12-14hrs plus travel on Friday and Sunday.
- Physical stamina and mobility to support 12-14 hour gala events dinners required.
- Proficiency/experience working in Active Directory.
- Proficiency with Apple/Mac products.
- Strong customer service skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of logical thinking and problem solving skills, and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to function both independently and as a team member required.
- Communication, discretion, and interpersonal skills needed to work as gala events staff.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States