We are the Communities we serve!
Come join the Sodexo team at the “happiest place on earth!” Sodexo is seeking a Human Resources Manager at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA.
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business. Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo manages employee dining with 6 cafes and 1 Starbucks store in the Disneyland Resort. As the onsite food service provider for Disney employees in the backstage area of the resort, these locations are open 365 days per year_. _This is a union account with over 200 union frontline employees and 25 managers.
This in-unit HR Manager is responsible for the Training and Development, Employee Relations, HR policy and Law, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Labor Relations and Project Management at this particular location.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- Bilingual- Spanish/English
- Strong Time Management skills
- Employee and labor relations experience
- Benefits administration experience
- Employee training experience
- Strong computer skills - Word and Excel
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to coach line managers to deliver business plans and drive performance and capability improvement within their teams
- Generalist HR knowledge with experience working with: talent development and organization design, reward, change and performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, and mobilization support
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in “quality of life solutions” around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin “Magic” Johnson himself click here.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.