The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. The position requires vision, creativity, technical engineering expertise, business acumen and a willingness to travel. May include an assignment as a resident field engineer/representative embedded on-site at a customer's facility.
Other activities of the Senior Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the delivery and performance of engineering, migrations, motion applications, on-site installation support, start-up, manufacturing control systems, industrial networks and the individual products that comprise these systems
- Provide the necessary support to diagnose, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Serve in a consultative manner with engineering, operations, and maintenance teams to improve system and machine KPI's and OEE.
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details.
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- This position will require the ability to travel based on customer requests
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Kansas City - Kansas
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here - a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).