There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Opportunities with Homecare Dimensions. For more than 20 years, Homecare Dimensions has been bringing compassionate and skilled care into the homes of patients throughout Southern Texas. Our focus on combining empathy with quality of care enables us to effectively act as a supportive partner to primary care providers. And that makes our organization a perfect fit to Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Career opportunities with Homecare Dimensions provide you with flexibility, autonomy and incredible support. More importantly, you’ll discover the tools, resources, training and technology that only a leader like Optum can provide. Want to make a bigger difference? Join us and start doing
your life’s best work.(sm)
Our LVNs provide skilled nursing services, that reflect Homecare Dimensions, Inc. philosophy and policies, to assigned patients under the direction of the registered nurse and according to physician orders. The LVN also performs all functions in a professional and ethical manner and collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure quality patient care.
- Assists the registered nurse in carrying out the plan of care
- Performs complete assessment of the patient's condition during every home health patient encounter
- Assists the physician and / or home health care RNs in performing specialized procedures following the physician’s plan of care to include assessments, medication administration, wound care, therapeutic treatments, and skilled teaching as ordered and indicated
- Prepares equipment and material for patient treatments, observing aseptic techniques as required
- Assists patients in learning appropriate self - care techniques
- Recognizes and reports life - threatening situations and responds appropriately
- Reports changes in the patient's condition to the CTM on a daily basis
- Recommends additional needed home health care services
- Communicates to the patient's physician and documents verbal orders in a timely manner
- Documents patient interventions that reflect delivery of safe and high - quality home health care on a skilled nursing note written during the patient encounter
- Turns in all documentation within 48 hours of the visit or shift
- Documents all communications with the patient, family, physician, CTM, pharmacy, other disciplines, and appropriate others as indicated on communication notes
- Attends case conferences to promote coordination of care
- Implements infection control and safety measures per agency policy and procedure
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication
Gives accurate information to patient and patient families regarding costs for home health care services. Provides information regarding equipment and supply needs to the CTM in a timely manner
- Complies with all agency policies and procedures. Promotes and maintains agency environment that is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position will train in the North Richland Hills Office for approximately 2 weeks and then will cover the Fort Worth, Arlington and Grand Prairie area. Weekly travel to the home office in North Richland Hills will be required as well.
Excellent compensation, benefits within 30 days, PTO, paid holidays, annual reviews, bonus potential, on-call pay and mileage reimbursement!
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year minimum of Home Health experience
- Active and unrestricted LVN license in the state of TX
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Familiarity with medical terminology and equipment
- Basic knowledge of governmental regulations, Medicare (Medicaid, as required), regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Home care experience
- Experience working with the geriatric patient population
- IV experience
- IV certified
- Experience with lab draws including blood draws
- Wound care experience including experience with wound vacs
- Bilingual (Spanish / English)
- Must be able to lift and transfer patients from one location to the other if necessary
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Positive work environment is promoted for all agency employees. Position requires extensive periodic travel within the agency's service area. Ability to transgress entries and exits, to transport self from place to place using an automobile
- May work in patient homes under varying conditions with possible exposure to fumes, odors, blood and body fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedule to meet patients' needs; some exposures to inclement weather; rotating call and emergency call. Occasionally may work with abusive, combative, or psychologically disturbed patient / families who may inflict bodily harm. Requires ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy at all times
- Ability to maintain flexibility and adaptability to the work environment is critical. Position requires at least 90% of time away from office
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 350,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LVN, home care, home health, field based, geriatric, elderly, Medicare, Homecare Dimensions, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Optum, TX, Texas, field LVN, Carrollton, Lewisville, Denton
Please see job description.