Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Billing Representatives_ are responsible for ongoing account maintenance, data entry of enrollment applications, review and reconciliation of premium billing invoices and provide superior customer service to internal / external clients.
- Research and resolve enrollment, eligibility and billing discrepancies on premium invoices
- Educate customers on payment options, billing information, payment addresses, invoice due dates and clarify information contained on premium invoices and electronic services
- Contact external customers regarding outstanding balances and required payments
- Reconcile discrepancies identified within customer invoices and ensure aging balances on accounts are being resolved in a timely manner
- Analyze reports against existing billing data and make appropriate changes to ensure billing accuracy
- Review rates from the Underwriting, Sales and Implementation departments to ensure accuracy before entering rates into applicable systems
- Monitor customer account balances through researching, generating data queries and creating reports such as member audits and bills issued vs. bills paid reports
- Coordinate with internal partners to validate and process rates and contract information to ensure they are updated accurately
- Utilize multiple reports to research, resolve, and ensure the accuracy of enrollment eligibility
- Analyze reports against existing billing / commission data and make appropriate changes to ensure accurate statement information
- Account payable (A / P) and Accounts Receivable (A / R)
- Ability to remain focused and productive with changing priorities and repetitive tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with account reconciliation
- Healthcare background / experience
- Customer Service experience
- Data entry experience
- Experience explaining billing and / or reconciliation of discrepancies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), Microsoft Word (creating & editing documents) and Microsoft Outlook (emailing & calendaring)
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- Experience with Facets platform and 834 membership files
- Bilingual - Spanish / English
- Siebel program experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer and Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Billing Representative, Account Reconciliation, Data Entry