Sodexo has an opportunity for a Executive Chef 2 at the Colorado School of Mines located in Golden, CO. The School of Mines is a prestigious engineering college with an enrollment of 6,700 students. Relocation Assistance is available! _Sodexo features its premiere resident dining "Restaurant Collection" at Mines Market with 8 individual dining platforms and live-action cooking stations where you will interact live with our customers! Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Executive Chef oversees a salaried Production Manager and 50 - 60 hourly employees. Can you bring the WOW factor to our food production systems for our resident dining program that serves between 2,500 to 2,900 meals per day for over 1,300 meal plan holders and high volume $1.3 million in catering? _The passion to serve great food while managing food cost within budget is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Food safety, sanitation and organization are high priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications/experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a culinary leadership role, preferably within a campus setting
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food
- High volume experience
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor
- Strong food safety and sanitation/HACCP standards
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees
- Strong leadership abilities
- Strong computer skills
- Passion for food and innovation
- Ability to think out of the box
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System DRIVE is preferred
The ideal candidate has:
- Two Years Executive Chef Experience
- Strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Previous experience working in a high-volume facility
- Strong management skills
Are you an innovative experienced culinarian with the following skills?
- Previous success managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining hall
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement and commitment to the campus and surrounding community
The University is in small rural community, the university brings a lot of diversity and opportunity to the area. Family Friendly community. Schedule varies according to business needs.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.