Sodexo has an opportunity for a Food Operations Manager II at the Colorado School of Mines located in Golden, CO. The School of Mines is a prestigious engineering college with an enrollment of 6,700 students. Relocation Assistance is available! _Sodexo features its premiere resident dining "Restaurant Collection." Mines Market features 8 individual dining platforms with display cooking. Reporting to the Operations Manager II, the Operations Manager II oversees 50 - 70 hourly employees. Primary responsibilities are for the front of the house operations, food safety, sanitation, scheduling, managing food and labor costs.
The passion to serve great food while managing food and labor costs within budget is a must. Successful candidates must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Organizational and computer skills are high priorities.
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably within a campus setting preferred
- High expectations for customer service and quality of food
- High volume experience
- Strong understanding of financials as they apply to cost controls of food and labor
- Strong food safety and sanitation and HACCP standards
- Ability and willingness to develop and train hourly employees
- Passion for food and innovation
- Ability to think out of the box
As the Resident Dining Operations Manager, Food at one of our large education accounts, you will be responsible for the successful coordination and direction of all daily activities related to resident student dining within a multi-unit campus account.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have previous Food operations management in a university setting or other high-volume resident dining
- 5 years operational experience at a director level and diverse team leadership within a food service environment preferred
- Be proficient in use of on-line Food Management Systems for menu/recipe planning, ordering and inventory
- Demonstrate proven financial acumen and proven success managing food cost and labor costs and budgets
- Be a people person with a strong focus with maintaining positive customer relations; a solid manager and natural leader who is perceptive and has attention to details that make a difference – elevated quality and presentation of food and exceptional customer service spirit are key to this position
- Be customer focused, including providing excellent customer service in a welcoming dining environment
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations
- Deliver high quality food service
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Develop strategic plans
- Create a positive environment
- Ensure Sodexo Standards are met
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS - DRIVE) and The Market Connection (TMC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies