Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians, part of OptumCare
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Ear, Nose & Throat and ProHealth Hearing & Balance has an immediate opening for a friendly, customer focused and detailed oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. The Medical Receptionist will support the ENT and Audiology care team and its patients by greeting and checking in patients, scheduling appointments, answering telephone inquiries, collecting payments and maintaining demographic information. Routinely use the practice management system (PMS) and electronic health record (EHR) according to office policies and workflows. This is a 40 hour a week position and the work hours will be 8 hour shifts that may vary and will be scheduled during the office hours of 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 pm. This position will be based in Farmington but travel to other clinic offices for staff coverage is required from time to time (Manchester, Glastonbury, Bristol, Meriden, Bloomfield and Enfield).
- Schedule and triage appointment requests for urgency according to approved protocols consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Consult a medical assistant or licensed clinician for clinical decision making whenever necessary
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process
- Monitor daily reminder call logs to reschedule appointments as needed
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift, assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ProHealth policies
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
- 1 year of Office Administrative/Receptionist/Clerical experience
- Travel to other CT office sites as needed
- Experience working with an electronic health record
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of ICD - 10 and CPT coding
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Receptionist, CT, Connecticut, Farmington, Receptionist, Front Desk