STG International is currently seeking a Custody Resource Coordinator (CRC) to work full-time in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
The Custody Resource Coordinator (CRC) assistsEnforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) and detention facility staff in maintaining a safe detention environment and provides services and support to individuals in ICE custody on issues that commonly affect the ICE detainee population such as responsive support to trauma, sexual abuse and assault, domestic violence, human trafficking, and, medical and mental health care.
The duty location of each CRC will be at an ICE detention facility or Family Residential Center. At each duty location, the CRC will be responsible for working with ERO and facility staff to determine needed services (e.g. assistance with language translation, standards compliance, facilitation of detainee-staff communication and developing educational programming for ERO, medical, and contract facility staff). In addition, the CRC will act as a liaison with community resources to provide a range of support activities for detainees who could benefit from connection to resources both in detention and upon discharge.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Cultural competency.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting (preferred, not required).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of EducationBachelors degree in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or an equivalent degree.
- Preferred: Masters degree in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, or an equivalent degree.
- Also preferred, but not required: Clinical license in good standing in the state in which the facility is located, that authorizes independent clinical practice.
- At least two years of related experience (e.g., experience providing trauma-informed programming, experience working with immigrants or foreign-born individuals) and have knowledge of program objectives, policies, procedures and requirements conducting a case management program at a local level.
- Experience working in or with individuals in a confinement setting.
- At least two years of experience providing services to vulnerable populations.
- Experience with and an understanding of situations that contribute to family stress, problems and crisis situations.
- Also preferred, but not required: Experience providing service to and/or coordinating services for transgender individuals.
REQUIRED LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION
- Maintains current certification in either the American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS) or the American Red Cross CPR/BLS Course.
- As per CDC guidelines candidates must provide proof of a negative TB skin test, as well immunization from the following diseases: Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella and Influenza.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to pass a security clearance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the case management process commensurate with training and education at a minimum at the bachelors level.
Fluent in Spanish.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the detainee understands.
Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web based training and communications.
Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ERO and facility staff support:Assist ERO and detention facility staff as a resource to facilitate the compliance of applicable agency policies and detention standards. Facilitate discussions and communicate directly with detainees. Areas of facilitation include but are not limited to the following topic areas: allegations of sexual abuse and assault, identification and monitoring of pregnant detainees, resources for detainees in segregated housing or special management units, and admission and release.
Programming:Conduct removal planning with detainees such as referrals and connections to resources in home country to support removals. Conduct release planning for pregnant women and other vulnerable populations referrals to housing, medical and needed support services. Lead group sessions, and facilitate peer-support groups and workshops with detainees on relevant topics, such as safety, coping skills, resiliency, parenting, and empowerment.
Outreach: Liaise and partner with local, national, and international resources to provide detainees services in detention and upon release from detention, including access to resources in cities and countries of final destination.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .