GPU Silicon Triage Engineer
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Nov 8, 2019
Role Number: 200107860
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work at Apple have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? As a member of the Apple GPU Silicon Triage Team, you will use your knowledge of SOC/GPU design, debug features and related tools, validation, and problem-solving in order to drive failures to resolution. You will be debugging failures that come from GPU silicon validation, driver development, and internal stress testing that appear to be design issues or that require silicon expertise in order to root cause. You will work at the cross-section of hardware and software and partner with engineers to quickly root cause failures. You will also drive systematic improvements in debug methods, tools and features based on your findings and expertise.
- Experience debugging hardware and software issues in an embedded system
- Experience in pre-silicon design verification methodologies
- Fundamental understanding of system and SoC architectures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well on a team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
- You will create, execute, and report on GPU silicon stress test plan - You will triage and debug GPU issues from silicon failures - You will identify and drive improvements in testing and triage/debug methods
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CE, EE, CS, or related field Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.