Dynamics/CRM Business Systems Analyst (ITP-B, BU)
SALARY: $41.39 - $62.11 Hourly
LOCATION: Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Ave., Seattle, Washington
JOB TYPE: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Seattle Information Technology
BARGAINING UNIT: L77-IT-IBEW, Local 77-IT
CLOSING DATE: 12/03/19 04:00 PM Pacific Time
The City of Seattle is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Dynamics/CRM Business Systems Analyst (ITP-B, BU) in support of the Dynamics CRM team in the Platform Applications Division with Seattle Information Technology (IT).
As a city, Seattle is known as a progressive leader in technology, innovation and the environment. As an employer, the City of Seattle is leading local government in environmental stewardship and social justice amongst other things, making our City what it is today and shaping our exciting future. The organization's workforce plays a critical role in making this possible.
Seattle IT is the technology backbone of the City of Seattle's complex operations and its ability to deliver a wide array of services for the residents of Seattle. The 700+ strong professionals in Seattle IT are involved in the full spectrum of a modern IT enterprise offering many dynamic career opportunities. Our vision is simple: be a Best-In-Class Digital Services Delivery Team and set best practices for others to follow.
The Dynamics / CRM Business Systems Analyst will:
- Listen carefully to and ask clarifying questions about business requests, translating those into business process requirements and system design.
- Analyze complex system issues to identify the root causes, propose comprehensive solutions consistent with program-level system design standards, and assist with implementation of changes.
- Review legislative language to identify potential impacts to business processes and determine scope of system design changes required to meet new mandates.
- Quickly learn a system's capabilities and configuration options, and devise creative solutions for business needs within that framework.
- Create and update software specifications; ensure that system documentation libraries are kept up to date and well organized.
- Configure software using standard software configuration tools.
- Support creation of test materials, and assist test team in resolving problems, working with software vendors when appropriate.
- Identify, document and resolve issues, escalating when appropriate.
- Follow established project or departmental review and approval processes and standards for all work.
- Support department goals in promoting diversity, race and social justice.
- This position requires occasional non-standard working hours.
NOTE: Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered for the required qualifications.
- Three years of experience as a business systems analyst.
- Experience implementing off-the-shelf business applications, including gap-fit analyses, capabilities assessments, design, configuration and testing.
- Experience working with vendors providing support for COTS applications.
- Good communication skills; able to communicate with both technical and business staff.
- Good general knowledge of database structures and tools (such as SQL, Oracle, MS Access, etc.), including the ability to design and execute queries.
- Ability to manage scope as it pertains to areas of responsibility and keep the project manager and supervisor informed of changes and impact to assigned projects.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining appropriate communications with supervisor about progress and issues.
- Ability to manage time well to meet project milestones.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural workplace with a diverse customer base.
NOTE: Submit cover letter & resume along with NeoGov application.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive criminal background investigation in compliance with Seattle's Fair Change Employment Ordinance SMC 14.17.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience working with Dynamics and CRM systems, including familiarity with Dynamics configuration and administration.
- Experience leading small IT projects with staff resources from a variety of IT specialties.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies and templates.
- Ability to see beyond the assumed issue to identify and find solutions for underlying business goals.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume by applying online at www.seattle.gov/jobs or complete an application and drop it off at the Seattle Department of Human Resources, Seattle Municipal Tower, 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500, Seattle, WA 98124-4028.
The City of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.
City of Seattle
Seattle Municipal Tower
700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500
Seattle, Washington, 98104