The IT Manager will direct the activities of the IT department to align with corporate and facility objectives. Assume responsibility for WMS, LAN, file servers, application servers, and client PC's.
Shift: Monday to Friday 7am to 5:00pm, Some on call work
Address: 5801 Kroger Dr., Keller, TX 76244
- Develop and provide training to end users in system application and WMS.
- Implement technology and solutions support site objectives.
- Ensure the security of facilities systems are not compromised.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in systems and processes.
- Monitor WMS to ensure system and data integrity.
- Investigate "root cause" of system issues and implement corrective actions ensuring resolution and non-recurrence.
- Monitor RF network Ethernet network, LAN and application servers' performance in an effort to prevent system issues
- Work closely with customer systems support personnel acting as chief liaison for
the facilities. Build and support effective and harmonious relationships.
- Manage and support IT team capable of meeting sites objectives.
- Manage the facilities telephone and security systems.
- On call support of systems.
- Trouble shoots issues with the LAN.
- Trouble shoots issues with PenskeNet that are related to webpages and SQL Server issues.
- Create SQL jobs and procedures for routine tasks like re-indexing fragmented tables. Update the jobs and procedures as needed and time permits.
- Trouble shoots printer issues on all Zebra and laser printers.
- Approve and submit APT requests.
- Approve and submit various Penske workflows (email, keyfob, email on cell phone etc...).
- Add/Delete/Update EPTO time as requested.
- Add departments and Jobs for Timekeeping as requested by the payroll department.
- Troubleshoot issues with time clocks.
- Add/Delete/Update scheduled scripts as needed. Automate report emails that are sent to departments and teams on a schedule.
- Help gather webpage requirements for new webpages.
- Create/Modify new webpages as needed.
- Authorize IT related purchases.
- Create/Modify SPM's for all locations.
- FTP FMLAEdge data - update security.
- Add/Delete/Update PenskeNet access for users as needed.
- Add/Delete/Update PenskeNet user groups
- Troubleshoot issues in all locations.
- Trouble shoot issues related to Attendance and payroll systems.
- Assist users with applications as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- College degree in computer sciences or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of work experience in warehousing and logistics systems support.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with peer groups and subordinates.
- Ability to work in refrigerated/frozen areas of the facility.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.