Sodexo is seeking an Energy Manager at The University of Tampa in Tampa, Florida.
The University’s 110-acre residential campus located in the heart of downtown Tampa provides an historical and cultural setting for learning both on and off campus. The University has over 9,300 students, of which approximately half live on campus. There is over 3.4 Million SF, encompassing more than 60 buildings.
Sodexo Facilities at the University of Tampa provides comprehensive solutions serving Energy Management, Building Operations and Maintenance, Cleaning and Grounds Services, Conference Services and Set-Ups as well as Owner's Representatives for Design and Construction. This long-established unit strives to bring ingenuity and value to our client.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a strategic leader with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Plan, implement, and coordinate all phases of energy conservation programs;
- identify technical and energy problems within buildings and propose solutions;
- coordinate energy saving concepts, and energy studies;
- work with the existing campus energy management systems and other systems to provide air quality and lighting comfort conducive to a campus learning atmosphere and cost-effective energy efficient strategies;
- oversee/produce Energy Use Dashboards for the university community;
- Participate in University Sustainability and Recycling Committees;
- Point of Contact for all utility vendors, responsible for all utility invoice verification and oversee corrections and adjustments;
- prepare estimates, plans, specifications, bid documents and supervise implementation for energy conservation projects;
- have knowledgeable of all federal, state, and local guidelines as well as energy conservation legislation and industry standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of successful energy management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- 3+ years of energy management experience preferably at a university or college;
- Be a Certified Energy Manager (CEM), equivalent or will qualify to sit for the exam;
- the ability to pull information and create reports;
- prior experience working with a CMMS;
- the ability to work with outside vendors and contractors;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing – mechanical – Hard FM – Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope – number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems – HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare – more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory “Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 – 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades – electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) – Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 – more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 – Mechanically competent
Critical 2 – People skills – communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety – client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems – maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management – greater scope