Sodexo is seeking a Full-time Registered Dietitian to join their team at the Medical University of South Carolina, an 850 bed hospital located in Charleston, SC. This Dietitian will be responsible for covering the cardiovascular intensive care unit (CVICU) and cardiothoracic surgery service, including management of patients requiring parenteral nutrition.
The Dietitian will report to the Clinical Nutrition Manager and will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian with at least 3 years of experience
- Maintain responsibility for comprehensive nutrition assessments and reassessments, intervention including nutrition support, education, and counseling of inpatient populations per the Nutrition Care Process model.
- Provide education to patients, as well as staff and work well with physicians, nursing, occupational and speech therapists, and other ancillary staff.
- Provide coverage for other dietitians as needed, including rotation through the weekend, holiday, and on-call schedule.
- Competent to place postpyloric enteral access tubes, or obtain competency within 6 months.
- Certified Specialist in Nutrition Support credential, or obtain within 12 months.
- Possess the ability to creatively problem solve, work independently with minimal supervision and make decisions while working within a self-directed and team-oriented work environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Serve as a preceptor for dietetic interns as needed.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are required to be successful in this position.
- The ideal candidate must be eligible for SC licensure.
- Registration with Commission on Dietetic Registration is required.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services including those for complex needs.
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., -HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments. .