Sodexo is seeking an experienced Operations Manager 3 at Murray State University located in scenic Murray, Kentucky.
Murray State University is a four-year public university with about 10,000 students, it has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" as one of the top regional universities in the U.S. for 26 straight years.
The best qualified candidate will have experience and have responsibility for daily operations of _multiple venues, including but not limited to Resident Dining, Retail with a mix of National and Internal brands. You may be the right candidate, if you enjoy managing daily operations while balancing multiple departments and building an overachieving team. Join us to work in this fun and productive high-volume dining environment.
This position will report to the General Manager and be responsible for resident dining, retail, and catering across campus. _Knowledge of Food Management, Labor Management & Market Connection as well as all other Sodexo systems would be beneficial. Employee recruitment and training, coaching/counseling & motivating hourly associates as well as managers is preferred. _Experience in maintaining high standards in food and service quality as well as customer and client satisfaction is extremely important.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
**Relocation assistance is available!**
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager’s (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies