Sodexo is seeking an experienced General Manager 3, Conference Center / Director of Conference Services & Sales to Support Conference Center and Business Development. This position will support operational expertise in catering and conferences and also work to develop and support new sale opportunities through the Northeast from Maine to Virginia – MA/NH/NY/NJ/CT/VA/DEC/MD/PA. Can reside anywhere within the region. There is an 80% travel with this position.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Supports all contract management service operations with our Conference Center, Meeting Management or Lodging partnerships. Works to support client relationships and builds networks of opportunity for new conferences and events business by attending trade shows and conferences. Will support new sales opportunities and new Conference Service business openings. Additionally, this position will support all selected trade shows, internal conferencing, new sales or retention efforts with logistics and plans for showcase events. Manages the client relationships on a regular basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the business growth and retention of our Conference Services business
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- High profile conference/banquet/catering management in addition to hotel/overnight lodging experience
- strong understanding of financial - P&Ls, controllable and non-controllable expenses
- Sales / business development background – grow and develop conference services for existing and current accounts
- strong communication skills - working with client and administration,
- Hiring, training, and motivating a high performing team of managers, supervisors and front-line staff across various disciplines and operating departments including; Food & Beverage, Catering, Conference Services & Audiovisual Technology
- Previous experience in Event & Space Management
- Proven expertise in fostering relationships with executive level
- Managing complex presentation technologies including video conferences and broadcasts
- Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce._
Do you believe you are in the Hospitality business and industry to make a positive difference in yours and your guests experience? If so, we are highly interested in speaking with you about this fantastic opportunity. APPLY TODAY!
Click here to learn more about our benefits:
Directs all contract management service operations at a Conference Center Campus, Meeting Management or Lodging property. Plans, organizes, staffs, and directs multiple services which generally includes: sales and marketing, conference services, food and beverage, front office, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, engineering, conference planning, audiovisual technology, accounting and finance, human resources, development and professional growth of management team. Manages the client relationship on a daily basis while ensuring customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account.
-Sales/revenue critical job duty
-Business management overall business (operations management)
-Supervision of staff/directing team
-Communications/Sodexo process management