Sodexo has an exciting opportunity and is seeking a full time Registered Dietitian to join the clinical nutrition team at Capital Health (CH) Regional Medical Center. CH is a multi-site hospital system with locations in both Pennington and Trenton, NJ and employs 15 dietitians/dietetic technicians throughout a variety of clinical settings. This position will support a combination of both acute care inpatient, and our fast-paced outpatient HealthStart Clinic. The candidate will:
- Utilize the Nutrition Care Process to assess, diagnose, intervene and monitor/evaluate patients’ nutritional status, using the IDNT;
- Utilize Nutrition-Focused Physical Assessment to determine malnourished patients;
- Demonstrate competency in nutrition care planning for the general inpatient population, including cardiology, diabetes, oncology, GI, renal, hepatic, neuro, nutrition support, critical care, trauma, maternity and pediatric patients, as well as, the maternal outpatient population;
- Participate in multidisciplinary care team rounds, current work groups, hospital-wide committees and community outreach events;
- Participate in performance improvement and/or outcome measurement initiatives;
- Perform meal rounds and tray assessments;
- Mentor/coach Dietetic Interns
The ideal candidate will possess and/or be able to:
- communication skills to enable relationship building (Spanish speaking a plus!);
- nutrition counseling skills to meet the needs of a diverse population;
- organizational and time-management skills to achieve success;
- leadership skills to set and accomplish goals;
- work independently, as well as, part of a team;
- make informed decisions;
- effectively problem-solve;
- bring a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and professionalism to the work place
To learn more about Capital Health, please visit .
To learn more about what Sodexo has to offer Registered Dietitians, go to our microsite . Come grow your career with the largest private employer of dietitians
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..