- Bachelor degree in health or business administration required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required, including one year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data; research and prepare reports
- Ability to monitor compliance standards
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Bilingual / Spanish
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.