Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The ideal candidate for this role is one who enjoys continually adapting to a fast - paced, team - oriented, and goal driven work environment. You must be a strong communicator, respectful and professional in your consumer - facing demeanor, and be an attentive listener in order to resolve consumer issues effectively and efficiently.
Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential in order to successfully communicate with a diverse consumer population and team. You will be required to handle multiple tasks while demonstrating independent thinking and problem - solving skills.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Sunday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (7:00am - 10:00pm EST) Monday – Friday - (7:00am - 5:30pm EST) Saturday and Sunday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer inbound calls from patients and providers regarding appointments and general inquiries
- Refer calls to nurse triage team according to protocols
- Track appointments and document information completely, timely, and accurately
- Make outbound calls to remind patients of appointments or to coordinate resolution of care opportunities with patients, providers, and pharmacies
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show proactive behavior in addressing customer needs
- Escalate transactions when defined by protocols
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy in all interactions
- Demonstrate effective communication through proper tone, pace, volume, grammar, and pronunciation
- Demonstrate courtesy in each interaction
- Control the interaction to ensure each of the consumer’s inquiry is handled completely and efficiently
- Meet key performance goals established including quality and attendance
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
- Must be willing to work weekends as needed and holidays on a rotational base
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.