- High school diploma or GED completed
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or the ability to obtain the designation within 180 days of employment
- Current CPR and / or BLS certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- 1 year or more work experience as a Medical Assistant in a medical setting
- Must work in the various clinics and offices around Austin (5 of them from Rosewood, Pflugerville to St. John's area)
- Ability to work reception/phones and clerical work in the office as well as handle direct patient care
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- ICD - 9 / 10 and CPT coding experience
- Microsoft experience
- Travel when needed to offices and clinics
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It’s an every day opportunity to do to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, Clinic, Primary Care, Adult Medicine, Ambulatory Care, Internal Medicine, Senior, Austin, TX, MALCDCBDriver2019