Sodexo Corporate Services is seeking an experienced Food Service General Manager 1 to lead our team at Baxter in Guayama_, Puerto Rico.
The current food landscape consists of a corporate café and catering operations with a total managed volume of 1.4 million. The General Manager must have food and labor cost control experience, exceptional customer service and leadership skills. Reporting to the District Manager, the General Manager will have oversight of 9 employees. Position is responsible for directing all contract management service operations and client relations. Relocation is not offered at this time. Must be bilingual in English & Spanish.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Have high expectations for customer service
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Polished leadership skills to lead a progressive team of food employees
- Finance experience
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day. _
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
Provides local leadership and strategic direction while developing team for new and emerging business solutions that sustain growth in the day to day operations.
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities