Head Start Teachers Eli Creekmore & Seola Gardens (White Center)
Join our team of educators in a strong partnership with teachers, family support staff, and mentor teachers in a preschool classroom at the Eli Creekmore or Seola Gardens Head Start programs. These programs seek to engage a diverse population of staff, students, and families to build and maintain a collaborative and multilingual community where children feel rooted in their individual identities.
Salary: $23.94 - $29.90/ hour
Location: White Center, WA
Schedule: Full-time, school schedule (180 days)
Benefits and Retirement Package (see our website for complete information)
- 24 annual leave days & 11 paid holidays & 12 sick days per year
- Participation in WA State Department of Retirement System with employer contribution
- Free parking & subsidized ORCA card & daily lunch
Education Qualification – meet one of the following:
- AA Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Current WA State Teaching Certificate with Endorsement in ECE
- AA Degree or higher in ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education)
- AA Degree or higher in related field with 20 credits in ECE and 1 school-year (9 months) experience in a preschool classroom
- Teach for America experience (contact us for details)
Experience Qualification – meet the following:
- Professional experience teaching in a Head Start or other comprehensive child development/family support program
Preferred Qualifications – possibly have one of the following: Experience working with preschool children with disabilities, who are English language learners, and/or who are from diverse backgrounds Experience as a lead teacher in a Head Start or other comprehensive child development/ family support program
Application Requirements – include:
- Unofficial transcripts – attach to online application
- Cover letter or resume should describe your work experience that shows you meet the education qualification and describes your chronological work history
Open until filled; for best consideration, submit complete application by December 12, 2019. Interviews are tentatively scheduled for December 19, 2019.
PSESD is committed to having a diverse workforce and encourages all candidates meeting the minimum qualifications to apply. For more information and to complete our online application, visit: https://www.psesd.org/careers/job-posting-page/~board/job-postings/post/head-startteachers
PSESD is committed to nondiscrimination in all aspects of its education programs and employment practices. The agency prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its education programs and employment practices against any employee, applicant, student, intern or volunteer because of sex, race, creed, color, national origin, language, immigrant, refugee, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, pregnancy, marital status, religion, age, veteran or military status, physical, sensory, or mental disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. It is the policy of the Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) to employ persons on the basis of experience, training and merit, and to provide equal access of agency facilities to designated youth groups. Puget Sound ESD complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws as may pertain thereto. The administrator for Human Resources and Organizational Development will serve as the compliance officer for this policy and also serves as the Title IX/RCW 28A.640 Officer and Section 504 Coordinator.