The professionals at the National Security Agency (NSA) have one common goal - to protect our nation. The mission requires a strong offense and a steadfast defense. The offense collects, processes and disseminates intelligence information derived from foreign signals for intelligence and counterintelligence purposes. The defense prevents adversaries from gaining access to sensitive classified national security information.
With an ever increasing workforce and constantly evolving technology, NSA's Installations & Logistics organization needs highly motivated Facilities Planners to provide short-term and long-range space plans that deliver efficient and effective facilities to support the Agency's global mission.
Description of Position
As a Facilities Planner, your responsibilities may include:
- Developing plans and strategies for major initiatives such as site master plans, facility renovations and new construction.
- Creating budgets and schedules for implementing major initiatives
- Maintaining and updating facility strategies, master plans and space occupancy database for real time accountability of all occupied and available space.
- Creating and implementing standards for facilities modernization, and tracking investments in real property.
- Testing and evaluating new trends and technologies to provide guidance, project management services, hands-on facilities support, engineering consulting services and technical expertise in facilities management.
- Reading and understanding graphic materials (e.g., diagrams, schematics, construction documentation, maps, or GUIs).
- Developing and implementing sustainability initiatives
- Managing space resources, infrastructure, and facility capacities
- Working with other facilities and planning professionals such as Program Managers (PMs), Building Managers (BMs), engineers, architects, city/urban designers and planners and Information Technology professionals to understand the physical planning needs of the stakeholders balanced with an understanding of existing conditions in order to make informed master plans, facility investments and space planning decisions.
- Developing and presenting briefings
The ideal candidate has a desire for continual learning with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills who is:
- customer service-oriented
- able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments
- able to communicate effectively both orally and written
- able to work effectively (independently and/or within teams) across diverse groups and organizations in a collaborative environment
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following is desired:
- City/Community/Regional Planning
- Construction technology/management/cost estimating
- Facilities construction/infrastructure/maintenance
- Interior Design
- Lease Management
- Program Management
- Project Planning
- Space Planning
- Urban Planning and Design
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
See job description