Sawnee EMC is seeking a General Clerk IL (Custodial/Maintenance Support Worker) (part-time position) to perform janitorial and grounds keeping duties. Requires some heavy lifting, high school diploma or equivalency and a valid GA driver’s license. Related experience with outdoor maintenance equipment is preferred. Hours: Availability for alternate shift assignments and irregular work hours.
To provide maximum service to customers and the Cooperative by:
- Performs general custodial and maintenance support tasks. Duties to include responsibilities below and other related maintenance, grounds keeping and custodial duties as required.
- Demonstrate an awareness that the job exists to effectively serve each and every member, and at every opportunity to achieve increased customer and public understanding for support of Sawnee EMC.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Six months to one-year job related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with grounds keeping duties, outdoor maintenance and custodial duties.
- Ability to pass Cooperative’s drug test.
- Requires valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- The basic skills and experience to provide the ability and knowledge to perform miscellaneous tasks and duties specific to the Section assignment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating consistently favorable interaction with customers, the public, Cooperative representatives, fellow employees and agency representatives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Written, verbal, mathematical, listening and perceptual communication skills to enable successful understanding and communication within the position and for attending to the expressed or implied needs or requests of customers, supervisory personnel and others.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Regular and reliable attendance record.
- Flexibility for overtime as necessitated by circumstances and on-call functions.
- Flexibility to work irregular work hours, including evenings and weekends as necessitated by circumstances.
- Flexibility to work during extreme weather conditions as necessitated by circumstances
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting the Building & Grounds Department.
- Performs duties of position in timely and comprehensive manner.
- Maintains current knowledge on advances and changes in Sawnee policies, programs and services, and in the electric utility industry in general.
- Processes and maintains confidential material in a circumspect manner.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Required to complete various landscaping duties, including, but not limited to grass cutting, trimming, weeding, digging, planting and constructing borders.
- Cleans internal areas of buildings, including, but not limited to trash, buffing, dusting, sweeping, and mopping.
- Maintains and repairs various aspects of Sawnee EMC buildings, including, but not limited to painting, plumbing, electrical and structural.
- Repairs parking lots and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions, various outdoor terrain and elevation; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Irregular hours may be deemed necessary by the position.
- Alternate shift assignment or variances may be necessitated by the position.
- Customarily requires the mental ability and emotional fortitude of productive performance in position with frequent contact with employees, customers and/or the public, frequent interruptions, and constant time constraints.
- May involve operation of motor vehicle.
Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Sawnee EMC is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drug Free Workplace
Applicants must complete an application form prior to 5 PM, December 13, 2019. Apply online: www.sawnee.com /My Cooperative/Careers, or application forms are available at 543 Atlanta Hwy, Cumming GA 30040.