Location: 5135-Corpus Christi Disposal
Job TitleOffice Manager
Requisition Primary LocationCorpus Christi, Texas
We have an immediate position open for an Office Manager.
- Supervise personnel, which typically include hiring, firing and performance management through employee evaluations, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Manage daily administrative operations of a department including establishing work priorities; assist in resolving problems related to the day-to-day operations of the unit
- Manage Purchase Orders for the district, process invoices for payment, mail checks to vendors, answer vendor questions.
- Review, reconcile, and evaluate monthly ledgers, budgets, and financial reporting system reports, assist with fiscal planning, development, and management of annual budgets.
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or process payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents for faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide and/or oversee the provision of administrative assistance and support to the district manager, to include problem solving, project planning and management, fiscal management, day-to-day office coordination, and secretarial services
- Assist with the development and implementation of reporting procedures; oversee maintenance of department records and/or inventories.
- Oversee and provide personal computer functions such as scheduled and special reports, correspondence, and database management.
- May coordinate office assignments for the administrative staff.
- Coordinate department programs, seminars, workshops, travel arrangements, special projects, and/or events; may coordinate program/project development and planning
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Promote Waste Connections standard operating procedures, which assure efficient environmentally correct and safe workplace practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Bachelors Degree preferred; minimum Associates Degree required
- 5 years directly related management expertise in administration
- Management experience in a call center environment is preferred
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environmentÂ
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in a drug free environment of operational excellence and accountability.Â We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)